Dr. Maheux-Lacroix is a gynecologist, clinician-researcher and assistant professor under the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. Following her master’s degree in epidemiology (2010) and a specialist’s certificate (2015), she continued her training in a laparoscopic gynecological surgery fellowship program at the Royal Hospital for Women – UNSW, in Sydney. Australia (2017) and obtained a doctorate in epidemiology. During her career, she won scholarships from the FRQS and IRSC, in addition to the prestigious Dean’s McLaughlin Scholarship and the Didier-Mouginot Scholarship from Quebec’s CHU Research Centre. She also received several awards for her achievements, her research implications and the quality of her presentations.
Her research aims to improve the management and treatment of women with menstrual disorders. Abnormal uterine bleeding affects nearly one third of women in their lifetime and has a significant impact on their quality of life, in addition to generating high costs for society. Dr. Maheux-Lacroix is particularly interested in the role of ultrasound in the evaluation of uterine pathologies, as well as the effectiveness of minimally invasive techniques, such as hysteroscopic resection, on the control of bleeding.
In recent years, her work has also focused on treating women with infertility through improved surgical management of endometriosis and a better understanding of the factors influencing its impact on reproductive function. Finally, she is evaluating a simple, accessible and inexpensive treatment: uterine lavage with saline water before ovulation, which could have the potential to reduce the burden of treating unexplained infertility.
2705, boulevard Laurier
Canada G1V 4G2
Data not available
- Bergeron, CatherineMaster student
Hysterosalpingosonography Is Not as Effective as Hysterosalpingography to Increase Chances of Pregnancy.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 41 (5), pp. 593-598, 2019, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Pyomyoma After Uterine Artery Embolization: Laparotomy Avoided by In-Bag Morcellation.Journal Article
J Minim Invasive Gynecol, 26 (1), pp. 175-177, 2019, ISSN: 1553-4650.
Resolution of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding After Hysteroscopic Morcellation of Endometrial PolypsJournal Article
J Gynecol Surg, 2019, ISSN: 1042-4067.
The need for further surgical intervention following primary hysteroscopic morcellation of submucosal leiomyomas in women with abnormal uterine bleeding.Journal Article
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol, 58 (5), pp. 570-575, 2018, ISSN: 0004-8666.
Endometriosis fertility index predicts live births following surgical resection of moderate and severe endometriosis.Journal Article
Hum Reprod, 32 (11), pp. 2243-2249, 2017, ISSN: 0268-1161.
Cesarean Scar Pregnancies: A Systematic Review of Treatment Options.Journal Article
J Minim Invasive Gynecol, 24 (6), pp. 915-925, 2017, ISSN: 1553-4650.
Virtual Laparoscopy Simulation: a Promising Pedagogic Tool in Gynecology.Journal Article
JSLS, 21 (3), 2017, ISSN: 1086-8089.
Treatment of Secondary Vestibulodynia with Conjugated Estrogen Cream: A Pilot, Double-Blind, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 39 (6), pp. 453-458, 2017, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Preovulatory uterine flushing with saline as a treatment for unexplained infertility: a randomised controlled trial protocol.Journal Article
BMJ Open, 6 (1), pp. e009897, 2016.
Low vs Standard Pressures in Gynecologic Laparoscopy: a Systematic Review.Journal Article
JSLS, 20 (1), 2016, ISSN: 1086-8089.
- Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Programme de soutien aux nouveaux chercheurs, Subvention, Université Laval - démarrage nouveau chercheur, Soutien facultaire aux jeunes chercheurs de la Faculté de médecine, from 2018-09-01 to 2020-08-31
- Programme d’amélioration de la prise en charge des saignements utérins anormaux chez les femmes pré-ménopausées, Subvention, Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé, Chercheurs-boursiers cliniciens - Juniors 1 et 2, Seniors, from 2018-07-01 to 2022-06-30
- Programme d’amélioration de la prise en charge des saignements utérins anormaux chez les femmes pré-ménopausées, Subvention, Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé, Établissement de jeunes chercheurs - Juniors 1, from 2018-07-01 to 2022-06-30