Dr. Maheux-Lacroix is a gynecologist, clinician-researcher and assistant professor under the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. Following her master’s degree in epidemiology (2010) and a specialist’s certificate (2015), she continued her training in a laparoscopic gynecological surgery fellowship program at the Royal Hospital for Women – UNSW, in Sydney. Australia (2017) and obtained a doctorate in epidemiology. During her career, she won scholarships from the FRQS and IRSC, in addition to the prestigious Dean’s McLaughlin Scholarship and the Didier-Mouginot Scholarship from Quebec’s CHU Research Centre. She also received several awards for her achievements, her research implications and the quality of her presentations.
Her research aims to improve the management and treatment of women with menstrual disorders. Abnormal uterine bleeding affects nearly one third of women in their lifetime and has a significant impact on their quality of life, in addition to generating high costs for society. Dr. Maheux-Lacroix is particularly interested in the role of ultrasound in the evaluation of uterine pathologies, as well as the effectiveness of minimally invasive techniques, such as hysteroscopic resection, on the control of bleeding.
In recent years, her work has also focused on treating women with infertility through improved surgical management of endometriosis and a better understanding of the factors influencing its impact on reproductive function. Finally, she is evaluating a simple, accessible and inexpensive treatment: uterine lavage with saline water before ovulation, which could have the potential to reduce the burden of treating unexplained infertility.
2705, boulevard Laurier
Canada G1V 4G2
- Bergeron, CatherineMaster firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plante, Anne-SophieEmployeeCHUL+1 418-525-4444, extension email@example.com@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
2705 boulevard Laurier
- Richard, EvelyneMaster firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vallières, PatrickEmployeepatrick.email@example.com
Morcellation During Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomies: Implications of the Use of a Contained Bag System.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 42 (7), pp. 839-845, 2020, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy Rates in Québec: Trends Over the Last Decade and Predictors of Technicity.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 2020, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Endometrial ablation or resection versus levonorgestrel intra-uterine system for the treatment of women with heavy menstrual bleeding and a normal uterine cavity: a systematic review with meta-analysis.Journal Article
Hum Reprod Update, 26 (2), pp. 302-311, 2020, ISSN: 1355-4786.
Diagnostic Accuracy of Intraoperative Tools for Detecting Endometriosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.Journal Article
J Minim Invasive Gynecol, 27 (2), pp. 433-440.e1, 2020, ISSN: 1553-4650.
Contained Morcellation of Very Large Uterus.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 42 (6), pp. 802, 2020, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Hysterosalpingosonography Is Not as Effective as Hysterosalpingography to Increase Chances of Pregnancy.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 41 (5), pp. 593-598, 2019, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Pyomyoma After Uterine Artery Embolization: Laparotomy Avoided by In-Bag Morcellation.Journal Article
J Minim Invasive Gynecol, 26 (1), pp. 175-177, 2019, ISSN: 1553-4650.
Resolution of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding After Hysteroscopic Morcellation of Endometrial PolypsJournal Article
J Gynecol Surg, 2019, ISSN: 1042-4067.
Association between fertility treatments and early placentation markers.Journal Article
Placenta, 82 , pp. 35-41, 2019, ISSN: 0143-4004.
The need for further surgical intervention following primary hysteroscopic morcellation of submucosal leiomyomas in women with abnormal uterine bleeding.Journal Article
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol, 58 (5), pp. 570-575, 2018, ISSN: 0004-8666.
- Le lavage utérin au salin physiologique comme traitement de l'infertilité inexpliquée: un essai clinique randomisé à double insu, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention Projet, from 2020-04-01 to 2024-03-31
- Programme d’amélioration de la prise en charge des saignements utérins anormaux chez les femmes pré-ménopausées, Subvention, Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé, Chercheurs-boursiers cliniciens - Juniors 1 et 2, Seniors, from 2018-07-01 to 2022-06-30
- Programme d’amélioration de la prise en charge des saignements utérins anormaux chez les femmes pré-ménopausées, Subvention, Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé, Établissement de jeunes chercheurs - Juniors 1, from 2018-07-01 to 2022-06-30
Recently finished projects
- Programme de soutien aux nouveaux chercheurs, Subvention, Université Laval - démarrage nouveau chercheur, Soutien facultaire aux jeunes chercheurs de la Faculté de médecine, from 2018-09-01 to 2020-08-31