Dr. De Serres received his MD from University of Montreal and FRCPC in Internal Medicine and Nephrology following residency at Laval University in Canada. He then completed a 3-year Research Fellowship in transplant immunology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and received a Master of Epidemiology from Harvard School of Public Health. He is currently Associate Professor of Medicine at Laval University and Clinician-Scientist Junior II FRQS scholar.
At the national level, he has served as Chair of the 2018 Canadian Society of Transplantation Scientific Committee, in charge of organizing the Canadian Transplant Summit. At the international level, he has been elected as Executive Member of American Society of Transplantation Transplant Diagnostic Committee for a 2-year term, from 2016 to 2018. He also served as a member of the AST Transplantation and Immunology Research Network Scientific Committee from 2015 to 2018.
His research program focuses on cell-based assays to identify over-immunosuppression and on the mechanisms of antibody-mediated rejection. Since 2011, he has received continuous funding from different agencies including Kidney Foundation of Canada, CIHR, CFI and FRQS. His lab is currently funded by a CIHR Project Scheme grant and he is co-investigator and collaborator on several multicenter projects, including the CIHR-funded TMCT-04 trial and the Genome Canada-funded Can PREVENT AMR study.
10, rue McMahon
Canada G1R 2J6
Outcomes of SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Unvaccinated Compared With Vaccinated Solid Organ Transplant Recipients: A Propensity Matched Cohort StudyJournal Article
The Canadian Glomerulonephritis Registry (CGNR) and Translational Research Initiative: Rationale and Clinical Research ProtocolJournal Article
Can J Kidney Health Dis, 9 , 2022.
Analysis of the frequency of single nucleotide polymorphisms in cytokine genes in patients with New Onset Diabetes After TransplantJournal Article
Sci Rep, 11 (1), 2021.
Longitudinal immune profile reveals reduced function of pro-inflammatory monocytes with age following kidney transplantationJournal Article
Am J Transplant, 21 (3), 2021.
Endothelial colony forming cells generated from cryopreserved peripheral blood mononuclear cellsJournal Article
Hum Immunol, 82 (4), 2021.
A Sequential Two-Step Cell-Based Assay Predicts Immunosuppression-Related Adverse EventsJournal Article
J Immunol, 205 (12), 2020.
Association of HLA Typing and Alloimmunity With Posttransplantation Membranous Nephropathy: A Multicenter Case SeriesJournal Article
Am J Kidney Dis, 76 (3), 2020.
TNF-α Production by Monocytes Stimulated With Epstein-Barr Virus-Peptides as a Marker of Immunosuppression-Related Adverse Events in Kidney Transplant RecipientsJournal Article
Kidney Int Rep, 4 (10), 2019.
Multicentre randomised controlled trial protocol of urine CXCL10 monitoring strategy in kidney transplant recipientsJournal Article
BMJ Open, 9 (4), 2019.
Canagliflozin and Renal Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes and NephropathyJournal Article
N Engl J Med, 380 (24), 2019.
- Aldosterone antagonism and enhanced Clearance for Health Improvement EValuation in End-stage renal disease (ACHIEVE) Trial, from 2016-07-01 to 2022-06-30
- Arterial stiffness gradient as a new index of vascular aging: impact of blood pressure lowering medication, from 2019-10-01 to 2024-09-30
- Chaire de recherche en néphrologie AMGEN, from 2019-01-01 to 2024-04-30
- Development and validation of a cell-based assay to identify over-immunosuppression in kidney transplant recipients, from 2019-10-01 to 2023-09-30
- Mieux comprendre la réponse allo-immunitaire chez le greffé rénal afin de personnaliser l'immunothérapie, from 2020-07-01 to 2024-06-30
- Mieux comprendre les mécanismes immunologiques du rejet chronique chez le greffé rénal afin d'améliorer le diagnostic et la prise en charge thérapeutique, from 2018-07-01 to 2022-06-30
- Rôle des cellules dendritiques dans l'immunologie de la transplantation., from 2015-01-01 to 2024-05-31
Recently finished projects
- A cell-based assay to measure immune competence in SARS-CoV-2 infection and vaccination, from 2021-06-01 to 2022-05-31
- A randomized controlled effectiveness trial of urine CXCL10 chemokine monitoring post-renal transplant, from 2016-07-01 to 2021-06-30
- Étude multicentrique pour valider un test en deux étapes qui identifie sur-immunosuppression chez les patients greffés rénales, from 2020-01-20 to 2021-01-19
- Precision Medicine CanPREVENT AMR: Applying Precision Medicine Technologies in Canada to Prevent Antibody Mediated Rejection and Premature Kidney Transplant Loss, from 2018-04-01 to 2022-03-31
- Prix Louis Belleau, from 2020-04-01 to 2021-03-31