Dr. Plante obtained her medical degree from Laval University in 1985 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at McGill University in 1990. She continued with a 3-year subspecialty in gynecologic oncology at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York in 1993. Since then, she has worked as a gynecologist-oncologist at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Plante is a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. She is head of the oncology-gynecology department and in charge of clinical research at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
- Plante is best known for her expertise in minimally invasive surgery in the treatment of gynecological cancers, including robot-assisted surgery, the sentinel lymph node technique in gynecological cancers and in surgeries aimed at preserving fertility in young women suffering from cervical cancer, including radical trachelectomy.
- Plante is the principal investigator of a large international, prospective and randomized study led by the Canadian Cancer Trials Group (CCTG) and the Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) (CX-5 or SHAPE study). The study aims to randomize patients with early-stage and low-risk cervical cancer to receive either radical hysterectomy (standard) or simple hysterectomy (studied). More than 700 patients will be randomized in this study.
- In addition, Dr. Plante is particularly interested in oncogenetics related to ovarian cancer. She has been involved in the activities of the oncogenetics department, along with the St-Sacrement Hospital team, since its inception, and is responsible for its ovarian component.
- Co-chair of CCRN (Cervical Cancer Research Network)
- Chair, International Committee, SGO (Society of Gynecologic Oncology)
- Co-chair, Cervix Working Group, CCTG
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer (IJGC) and Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada (JOGC)
11, côte du Palais
Canada G1R 2J6
- Lavallée, MarièveEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Rue McMahon
Canada G1R 3S1
- Teo-Fortin, Ly-AnnEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québeclyemail@example.com
11 Côte du Palais
11611 (Salle 108)
Canada G1R 0A2
Closing the gap for cervical cancer research in Vietnam: current perspectives and future opportunities: a report from the 5th Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) Cervical Cancer Research Network (CCRN) Education SymposiumJournal Article
J Gynecol Oncol, 34 (5), 2023.
Circulating adrenal 11-oxygenated androgens are associated with clinical outcome in endometrial cancerJournal Article
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne), 14 , 2023.
Corrigendum to "Grade and Estrogen Receptor Expression Identify a Subset of No Specific Molecular Profile Endometrial Carcinomas at a Very Low Risk of Disease-Specific Death": [Modern Pathology 36 (2023) 100085]Journal Article
Mod Pathol, 36 (6), 2023.
Surgical margin status in relation to surgical approach in the management of early-stage cervical Cancer: A Canadian cervical Cancer collaborative (4C) studyJournal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 174 , 2023.
Association of nivolumab and niraparib in the management of neuroendocrine cancer of the cervixJournal Article
Int J Gynecol Cancer, 33 (4), 2023.
Robotic-assisted surgery for endometrial cancer is safe in morbidly and extremely morbidly obese patientsJournal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 172 , 2023.
Oncologic Outcomes of Surgically Treated Cervical Cancer with No Residual Disease on Hysterectomy Specimen: A 4C (Canadian Cervical Cancer Collaborative) Working Group StudyJournal Article
Curr Oncol, 30 (2), 2023.
Grade and Estrogen Receptor Expression Identify a Subset of No Specific Molecular Profile Endometrial Carcinomas at a Very Low Risk of Disease-Specific DeathJournal Article
Mod Pathol, 36 (4), 2023.
Molecular subtype stratified outcomes according to adjuvant therapy in endometrial cancerJournal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 170 , 2023.
Enhancing cervical and breast cancer training in Africa with e-learningJournal Article
Lancet Glob Health, 11 (1), 2023.
- Bourse de Fellow pour le développement d'un projet prospectif panprovincial longitudinal sur le traitement carcinomes et sarcomes utérins., from 2022-09-01 to 2024-09-01