Dr. Julie Robitaille is a trained nutritionist and completed her Master’s degree and PhD in Nutrition at Laval University. She subsequently completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, United States. Dr. Robitaille is a full professor at Laval University’s School of Nutrition, as well as a researcher at the CHU Research Centre of Quebec (Endocrinology and Nephrology) and the Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods (INAF) of Laval University. Since the beginning of her career, her research has been funded by the FRQS, CIHR, CFI, Diabetes Quebec, Danone Institute of Canada, and Diabetes Canada.
Dr. Robitaille is interested in studying the maternal determinants of chronic diseases, such as obesity and type 2 diabetes, using gestational diabetes as a model. Gestational diabetes is defined as hyperglycemia that occurs or is first noticed during pregnancy. Nearly one in 10 pregnancies is complicated by gestational diabetes. This disease can have different consequences for the short- and long-term health of mothers and children, including an increase in the risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Dr. Robitaille’s work focuses on these different consequences on mother and child health. Her work also investigates postnatal lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, regular physical activity, and breastfeeding that can prevent the development of obesity and type 2 diabetes in mothers and children.
2440 boul. Hochelaga, bureau 2729N
Canada G1V 0A6
Modified Delphi Process to Identify Research Priorities and Measures for Adult Lifestyle Programs to Address Type 2 Diabetes and Other Cardiometabolic Risk ConditionsJournal Article
Can J Diabetes, 2022.
Health-Related Preconception Factors: Adherence to Guidelines and Associations with Weight StatusJournal Article
J Acad Nutr Diet, 2022.
Are Machine Learning Algorithms More Accurate in Predicting Vegetable and Fruit Consumption Than Traditional Statistical Models? An Exploratory AnalysisJournal Article
Front Nutr, 9 , 2022.
Nutrigenetics, omega-3 and plasma lipids/lipoproteins/apolipoproteins with evidence evaluation using the GRADE approach: a systematic reviewJournal Article
BMJ Open, 12 (2), 2022.
Determinants of Healthy Diet Among Children Exposed and Unexposed to Gestational DiabetesJournal Article
J Nutr Educ Behav, 54 (5), 2022.
Validation of an automated self-administered 24-hour dietary recall web application against urinary recovery biomarkers in a sample of French-speaking adults of the province of Québec, CanadaJournal Article
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab, 47 (2), 2022.
Towards regulation of Endocrine Disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in water resources using bioassays - A guide to developing a testing strategyJournal Article
Environ Res, 205 , 2022.
Guiding Global Best Practice in Personalized Nutrition Based on Genetics: The Development of a Nutrigenomics Care MapJournal Article
J Acad Nutr Diet, 122 (2), 2022.
Clinical Practice Guidelines Using GRADE and AGREE II for the Impact of Genetic Variants on Plasma Lipid/Lipoprotein/Apolipoprotein Responsiveness to Omega-3 Fatty AcidsJournal Article
Front Nutr, 8 , 2021.
Feel Good, Eat Better: The Role of Self-Compassion and Body Esteem in Mothers' Healthy Eating BehavioursJournal Article
Nutrients, 13 (11), 2021.
- Associations entre l'exposition in utero au diabète gestationnel, la composition du lait maternel et le microbiote fécal: impact sur la croissance du nourisson, from 2022-03-01 to 2023-02-28
- Effets d'une intervention visant l'amélioration de qualité alimentaire chez les femmes à risque de diabète gestationnel : une étude pilote, from 2021-10-28 to 2022-12-31
- Effets d’une intervention visant l’amélioration de qualité alimentaire chez les femmes à risque de diabète gestationnel – Élaboration de capsules nutritionnelles, from 2021-08-30 to 2022-08-29
- Institut sur la nutrition et les aliments fonctionnels (INAF), from 2017-04-01 to 2024-03-31
- Promoting healthy eating in early pregnancy in women at risk of gestational diabetes mellitus : does it improve glucose homeostasis ?, from 2022-03-01 to 2023-02-28
Recently finished projects
- Adhésion aux recommandations visant la saine alimentation: identification des mesures, déterminants et interventions, from 2013-06-01 to 2021-03-31
- Effect of a postpartum lifestyle intervention on the cardiometabolic risk profile of women with a history of gestational diabetes: a pilot study, from 2018-07-01 to 2020-12-31
- Évaluation de l'efficacité des probiotiques sur les affections post-COVID-19. , from 2021-06-01 to 2022-03-31
- Perinatal research unit for a sustainable health of mother and child, from 2018-03-01 to 2021-12-31