Eve Dubé obtained her PhD in medical anthropology at Laval University. In addition of being a researcher in the infectious and immune diseases research area of the Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec-Laval University, she is an invited professor in the department of Anthropology at Laval University. Since 2008, she is also a researcher in the Scientific Group on Immunization at the Quebec National Institute of Public Health.
Being a specialist of qualitative methods, her research focuses on the socio-cultural field surrounding infectious diseases prevention. She is particularly interested in vaccine hesitancy. She has led various projects in Quebec, Canada and in other countries to better understand why parents are hesitant toward vaccination and why some health professionals have doubts regarding vaccination. From 2012 to 2014, she was a member of the World Health Organization working group on Vaccine Hesitancy. Dr. Dubé is currently leading the Social Sciences and Humanities Network of the Canadian Immunization Research Network, funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Canadian Institutes for Health Research. She is also interested in translational research and is leading projects on this issue, mainly around nosocomial infections prevention.
Canada G1E 7G9
- Garnier, AntoineEmployeeantoine.email@example.com
- Gauvreau, GenevièveMaster firstname.lastname@example.org
- L'Écuyer, FlorenceEmployeeflorence.email@example.com
- Larivière, AngèleEmployee+1 418-666-7000, extension firstname.lastname@example.org@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
- Lorcy, Armelle GenevièveEmployee2400, avenue d'Estimauville+1 418-666-7000, extension email@example.comArmelle.Lorcy@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
Canada G1E 7G9
- Malo, BenjaminEmployee2400, ave. d'Estimauville+1 418-666-7000, extension firstname.lastname@example.org@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
Canada G1E 7G9
- Malo, BenjaminDoctoral student2400, ave. d'Estimauville+1 418-666-7000, extension email@example.com@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
Canada G1E 7G9
- Pelletier, CatherineEmployeecatherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tardif, MathieuMaster email@example.com
Public health communication during the COVID-19 pandemic: perspectives of communication specialists, healthcare professionals, and community members in Quebec, CanadaJournal Article
Can J Public Health, 2022.
Measuring inequalities in COVID-19 vaccination uptake and intent: results from the Canadian Community Health Survey 2021Journal Article
BMC Public Health, 22 (1), 2022.
Suitable but requiring support: How the midwifery model of care offers opportunities to counsel the vaccine hesitant pregnant populationJournal Article
Vaccine, 40 (38), 2022.
Measuring psychosocial determinants of vaccination behavior in healthcare professionals: validation of the Pro-VC-Be short-form questionnaireJournal Article
Expert Rev Vaccines, 2022.
Exploring the impact of Quebec's vaccine lottery and vaccine passports on Covid-19 vaccination intention: Findings from repeated cross-sectional surveysJournal Article
Hum Vaccin Immunother, 2022.
"Ultimately, the choice is theirs": Informed choice vaccine conversations and Canadian midwivesJournal Article
Have vaccine hesitancy models oversimplified a complex problem to our detriment? The Adapted Royal Society of Canada vaccine uptake frameworkJournal Article
Vaccine, 40 (29), 2022.
Parents' perceptions on COVID-19 vaccination as the new routine for their children ≤ 11 years oldJournal Article
Prev Med, 161 , 2022.
"I don't think there's a point for me to discuss it with my patients": exploring health care providers' views and behaviours regarding COVID-19 vaccinationJournal Article
Hum Vaccin Immunother, 2022.
Do intentions lead to action? Results of a longitudinal study assessing determinants of Tdap vaccine uptake during pregnancy in Quebec, CanadaJournal Article
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth, 22 (1), 2022.
- An intervention using narratives to address vaccine hesitancy online, from 2020-03-01 to 2023-03-31
- CT21 QC22: Burden Ethnographic Modeling Evaluation Qaujilisaaqtuq (BEMEQ) RSV, from 2019-06-01 to 2023-03-31
- Hésitation à la vaccination: Comprendre pour mieux agir, from 2022-01-01 to 2027-03-31
- How to better manage infectious diseases in ER by triage with molecular mini-panels for the rapid detection of highly transmissible pathogens, from 2018-10-01 to 2022-09-30
- IDx: An exploration of regulatory, corporate, relational, and technical barriers to uptake of diagnostics in the fight against AMR, from 2020-01-01 to 2022-12-31
- Jiu-jitsu with misinformation in the age of COVID: using refutation-based learning to enhance vaccine uptake and knowledge among healthcare professionals and the public (JITSUVAX), from 2022-04-01 to 2023-03-31
- Pratiques informationnelles des personnes aînées au Québec en contexte de pandémie, from 2021-06-01 to 2023-05-31
- SH26 QC22, Understanding and Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy in Nunavik, from 2021-12-30 to 2023-03-31
- Sociocultural and behavioural factors affecting communities' response to countermeasures for COVID-19 epidemic: identifying interventions to build trust, from 2020-04-01 to 2023-03-31
- Understanding the pathogenesis of COVID-19, from 2020-03-01 to 2023-02-28
- Vaccine Hesitancy and the Internet: An online ethnography in Canada, from 2020-10-01 to 2023-09-30
Recently finished projects
- (SH07 QC22) Impact on infant'vaccine coverage of an educational intervention using motivational interviewing techniques delivered in maternity wards in Canada, from 2017-06-01 to 2022-03-31
- (SH10 QC22) Determinants of HPV vaccine uptake in school-based programs in Canada, from 2017-06-01 to 2020-09-30
- Addressing socioeconomic and racial/ethnic inequities in COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy among parents and adolescents, from 2021-06-01 to 2022-05-31
- Appui au démarrage - Chaire IRSC en santé publique, from 2022-01-01 to 2022-07-31
- Canadian Immunization Research Network, from 2014-06-01 to 2021-12-31
- Comprendre la prolifération infodémique pour contrer la désinformation: une approche intégrée de la société vers l'individu, from 2021-04-01 to 2021-11-30
- Coqueluche - Projet 53-3172, from 2019-01-15 to 2021-03-31
- Design for Better Health: User-Centred Design and Evaluation of Interactive Media for Health Education, Communication and Decision-Making, from 2016-07-01 to 2021-06-30
- Diminuer les infections nosocomiales: une approche orchestrée, from 2017-07-01 to 2020-12-14
- How Indigenous communities in Quebec responded to COVID-19: A synthesis of community-level asset mobilization during the first wave of the pandemic, from 2021-03-01 to 2022-02-28
- Identification de stratégies pour outiller les gestionnaires des milieux de soins pour l’application optimale des mesures de prévention et contrôle des infections chez les travailleurs de la santé durant la pandémie de COVID-19, from 2021-01-01 to 2022-02-08
- It’s about protecting my community”: Randomized Controlled Trials of Personalized, Digital Health Vaccination Decision Support, from 2020-12-01 to 2022-03-31
- Répondre à l'hésitation à la vaccination au Canada, from 2019-07-01 to 2021-12-31
- Scalable, Customizable, Digital Health Communication Materials to Help Canada Address the COVID19 Pandemic, from 2020-06-01 to 2021-05-31
- Testing COVID-19 vaccine decision aids with health care workers, from 2021-01-01 to 2021-07-30
- The nature and extent of vaccine hesitancy among chiropractors and naturopaths: Identifying how vaccination views impact practice, from 2018-03-15 to 2022-03-31
- Unpacking COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy in Canada, from 2021-07-01 to 2022-05-31
- Vaccination discourse seen in the Quebec Indigenous Community Asset Mobilisation (QICAM) database, from 2021-01-01 to 2021-07-01