Dr. Éric Vigneault is a radiation oncologist-clinician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at CHUQ, and a researcher in the oncology axis of the CHU Research Centre of Laval University-Quebec, affiliated with the Centre for Cancer Research at Laval University.
He is also Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Medicine of the Faculty of Medicine at Laval University. Dr. Vigneault has been actively involved in the development of the first Iodine-125 prostate brachytherapy program in Canada, and is the pioneer of high dose-rate, non-permanent brachytherapy in Canada. He is the principal investigator of randomized phase II CCTG studies, comparing HDR brachytherapy with conventional radiotherapy in the treatment of intermediate-risk prostatic cancers (PR15), and comparing HDR brachytherapy with LDR monotherapy (PR19).
Dr. Vigneault is deeply involved at the national level, including as the former President of the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncologists, as a member of the Steering Committee of the Canadian Urologic Oncology Group (CUOG), as well as internationally as the Associate Editor of the Brachytherapy journal.
Since 2015, he holds the Research Chair in Image-guided Brachytherapy, whose mission is to integrate technological advances in the field of imaging, computer science, dosimetry optimization, radioactive source implantation systems, as well as clinical expertise to improve brachytherapy treatments for solid tumors, thereby promoting a better therapeutic ratio – i.e., an increase in tumor control and a decrease in toxicity. This research Chair is part of Laval University’s Program for the Advancement of Innovation, Research and Teaching, which aims to create a research environment that stimulates innovation, inventiveness and creativity among research professors.
The objectives of the Chair are:
- Improve the integration of real-time imaging, implantation and dosimetry systems to improve the quality and accuracy of radioactive material implantation in cancers.
- Develop protocols for treating tumor sites by brachytherapy.
- Promote clinical research to evaluate and compare tumor controls, toxicities, and quality of life assessment with conventional treatment, including dissemination of results and knowledge transfer;
- Promote the education and training of graduate students and fellows in the field of brachytherapy;
- Develop clinical databases of tissue banks collected to support translational research.
Hôtel-Dieu de Québec
11, Côte du Palais, Bureau 3336
Canada G1R 2J6
- Carignan, DamienEmployeeHôpital de l'Enfant-Jésus+1 418-525-4444, extension 67297+1 418-654-2715Damien.Carignan@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
1401, 18e rue
Canada G1J 1Z4
- Diarra, MaïmounaMaster studentL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension email@example.com
6 Rue McMahon
Canada G1R 3S1
- Sidibe, IngridFellowingrid.firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 UPDATE: Canadian Urological Association-Canadian Urologic Oncology Group guideline: Metastatic castration-naive and castration-sensitive prostate cancer Full-textJournal Article
Can Urol Assoc J, 16 (12), 2022.
2022 Canadian Urological Association (CUA)-Canadian Uro Oncology Group (CUOG) guideline: Management of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)Journal Article
Can Urol Assoc J, 16 (11), 2022.
GEC-ESTRO (ACROP)-ABS-CBG Consensus Brachytherapy Target Definition Guidelines for Recurrent Endometrial and Cervical Tumors in the VaginaJournal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2022.
Inter-observer evaluation of a GPU-based multicriteria optimization algorithm combined with plan navigation tools for HDR brachytherapyJournal Article
Brachytherapy, 21 (4), 2022.
Advantages of TRUS-based delineation for high-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy planningJournal Article
J Contemp Brachytherapy, 14 (1), 2022.
Quality of Life Implications of Dose-Escalated External Beam Radiation for Localized Prostate Cancer: Results of a Prospective Randomized Phase 3 Clinical Trial, NRG/RTOG 0126Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 112 (1), 2022.
Salvage Low-Dose-Rate Prostate Brachytherapy: Clinical Outcomes of a Phase 2 Trial for Local Recurrence after External Beam Radiation Therapy (NRG Oncology/RTOG 0526)Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 112 (5), 2022.
Mapping the Current State of Canadian Medical School Oncology Interest GroupsJournal Article
J Cancer Educ, 37 (1), 2022.
Long-Term Results of NRG Oncology/RTOG 0321: A Phase II Trial of Combined High Dose Rate Brachytherapy and External Beam Radiation Therapy for Adenocarcinoma of the ProstateJournal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 110 (3), 2021.
PSA outcomes and late toxicity of single-fraction HDR brachytherapy and LDR brachytherapy as monotherapy in localized prostate cancer: A phase 2 randomized pilot studyJournal Article
Brachytherapy, 20 (6), 2021.
- Chaire de recherche sur la curiethérapie guidée par imagerie, from 2015-05-01 to 2023-03-31
- The impact of Monte Carlo dose calculations on prostate and breast low-dose rate brachytherapy dose-outcome relationships and radiobiological modeling, from 2020-10-01 to 2025-09-30