Dr. Maheux-Lacroix is a gynecologist, clinician-researcher and assistant professor under the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. Following her master’s degree in epidemiology (2010) and a specialist’s certificate (2015), she continued her training in a laparoscopic gynecological surgery fellowship program at the Royal Hospital for Women – UNSW, in Sydney. Australia (2017) and obtained a doctorate in epidemiology. During her career, she won scholarships from the FRQS and IRSC, in addition to the prestigious Dean’s McLaughlin Scholarship and the Didier-Mouginot Scholarship from Quebec’s CHU Research Centre. She also received several awards for her achievements, her research implications and the quality of her presentations.
Her research aims to improve the management and treatment of women with menstrual disorders. Abnormal uterine bleeding affects nearly one third of women in their lifetime and has a significant impact on their quality of life, in addition to generating high costs for society. Dr. Maheux-Lacroix is particularly interested in the role of ultrasound in the evaluation of uterine pathologies, as well as the effectiveness of minimally invasive techniques, such as hysteroscopic resection, on the control of bleeding.
In recent years, her work has also focused on treating women with infertility through improved surgical management of endometriosis and a better understanding of the factors influencing its impact on reproductive function. Finally, she is evaluating a simple, accessible and inexpensive treatment: uterine lavage with saline water before ovulation, which could have the potential to reduce the burden of treating unexplained infertility.
2705, boulevard Laurier
Canada G1V 4G2
- Bergeron, CatherineMaster email@example.com
- Plante, Anne-SophieEmployeeCHUL+1 418-525-4444, extension firstname.lastname@example.org@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
2705 boulevard Laurier
- Richard, EvelyneInternevelyne.email@example.com
Cesarean Scar Pregnancies: A Systematic Review of Treatment Options.Journal Article
J Minim Invasive Gynecol, 24 (6), pp. 915-925, 2017, ISSN: 1553-4650.
Virtual Laparoscopy Simulation: a Promising Pedagogic Tool in Gynecology.Journal Article
JSLS, 21 (3), 2017, ISSN: 1086-8089.
Treatment of Secondary Vestibulodynia with Conjugated Estrogen Cream: A Pilot, Double-Blind, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 39 (6), pp. 453-458, 2017, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Preovulatory uterine flushing with saline as a treatment for unexplained infertility: a randomised controlled trial protocol.Journal Article
BMJ Open, 6 (1), pp. e009897, 2016.
Low vs Standard Pressures in Gynecologic Laparoscopy: a Systematic Review.Journal Article
JSLS, 20 (1), 2016, ISSN: 1086-8089.
Imaging for Polyps and Leiomyomas in Women With Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: A Systematic Review.Journal Article
Obstet Gynecol, 128 (6), pp. 1425-1436, 2016, ISSN: 0029-7844.
Complications of low compared to standard pneumoperitoneum pressures in laparoscopic surgery for benign gynecologic pathology: a systematic review protocol.Journal Article
Syst Rev, 4 , pp. 96, 2015, ISSN: 2046-4053.
Feasibility and safety of outpatient total laparoscopic hysterectomy.Journal Article
JSLS, 19 (1), pp. e2014.00251, 2015, ISSN: 1086-8089.
Hysterosalpingosonography for diagnosing tubal occlusion in subfertile women: a systematic review with meta-analysis.Journal Article
Hum Reprod, 29 (5), pp. 953-63, 2014, ISSN: 0268-1161.
Hysterosalpingosonography for diagnosing tubal occlusion in subfertile women: a systematic review protocol.Journal Article
Syst Rev, 2 , pp. 50, 2013, ISSN: 2046-4053.
- Le lavage utérin au salin physiologique comme traitement de l'infertilité inexpliquée: un essai clinique randomisé à double insu, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention Projet, from 2020-04-01 to 2024-03-31
- Programme de soutien aux nouveaux chercheurs, Subvention, Université Laval - démarrage nouveau chercheur, Soutien facultaire aux jeunes chercheurs de la Faculté de médecine, from 2018-09-01 to 2020-08-31
- Programme d’amélioration de la prise en charge des saignements utérins anormaux chez les femmes pré-ménopausées, Subvention, Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé, Chercheurs-boursiers cliniciens - Juniors 1 et 2, Seniors, from 2018-07-01 to 2022-06-30
- Programme d’amélioration de la prise en charge des saignements utérins anormaux chez les femmes pré-ménopausées, Subvention, Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé, Établissement de jeunes chercheurs - Juniors 1, from 2018-07-01 to 2022-06-30