Dr. Plante obtained her medical degree from Laval University in 1985 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at McGill University in 1990. She continued with a 3-year subspecialty in gynecologic oncology at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York in 1993. Since then, she has worked as a gynecologist-oncologist at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Plante is a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. She is head of the oncology-gynecology department and in charge of clinical research at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
- Plante is best known for her expertise in minimally invasive surgery in the treatment of gynecological cancers, including robot-assisted surgery, the sentinel lymph node technique in gynecological cancers and in surgeries aimed at preserving fertility in young women suffering from cervical cancer, including radical trachelectomy.
- Plante is the principal investigator of a large international, prospective and randomized study led by the Canadian Cancer Trials Group (CCTG) and the Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) (CX-5 or SHAPE study). The study aims to randomize patients with early-stage and low-risk cervical cancer to receive either radical hysterectomy (standard) or simple hysterectomy (studied). More than 700 patients will be randomized in this study.
- In addition, Dr. Plante is particularly interested in oncogenetics related to ovarian cancer. She has been involved in the activities of the oncogenetics department, along with the St-Sacrement Hospital team, since its inception, and is responsible for its ovarian component.
- Co-chair of CCRN (Cervical Cancer Research Network)
- Chair, International Committee, SGO (Society of Gynecologic Oncology)
- Co-chair, Cervix Working Group, CCTG
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer (IJGC) and Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada (JOGC)
11, côte du Palais
Canada G1R 2J6
Data not available
- Teo-Fortin, Ly-AnnInternL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québeclyemail@example.com
11 Côte du Palais
11611 (Salle 108)
Canada G1R 0A2
Hic-5 regulates epithelial to mesenchymal transition in ovarian cancer cells in a TGFβ1-independent manner.Journal Article
Oncotarget, 8 (47), pp. 82506-82530, 2017, ISSN: 1949-2553.
Proposed novel nomenclature of vulvar smooth muscle tumors; a case of Smooth Muscle Tumor of Uncertain Malignant Potential (STUMP) of the vulva.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol Rep, 20 , pp. 1-3, 2017, ISSN: 2352-5789.
Suppression of the grainyhead transcription factor 2 gene (GRHL2) inhibits the proliferation, migration, invasion and mediates cell cycle arrest of ovarian cancer cells.Journal Article
Cell Cycle, 16 (7), pp. 693-706, 2017, ISSN: 1538-4101.
Pelvic-Floor Properties in Women Reporting Urinary Incontinence After Surgery and Radiotherapy for Endometrial Cancer.Journal Article
Phys Ther, 97 (4), pp. 438-448, 2017, ISSN: 0031-9023.
Utility of PET/CT to Evaluate Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Metastasis in High-Risk Endometrial Cancer: Results of ACRIN 6671/GOG 0233 Trial.Journal Article
Radiology, 283 (2), pp. 450-459, 2017, ISSN: 0033-8419.
Simple Vaginal Trachelectomy: A Valuable Fertility-Preserving Option in Early-Stage Cervical Cancer.Journal Article
Int J Gynecol Cancer, 27 (5), pp. 1021-1027, 2017, ISSN: 1048-891X.
Isolated tumor cells identified by sentinel lymph node mapping in endometrial cancer: Does adjuvant treatment matter?Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 146 (2), pp. 240-246, 2017, ISSN: 0090-8258.
Paraneoplastic syndromes associated with gynecological cancers: A systematic review.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 146 (3), pp. 661-671, 2017, ISSN: 0090-8258.
Performance of sentinel lymph node (SLN) mapping in high-risk endometrial cancer.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 147 (3), pp. 549-553, 2017, ISSN: 0090-8258.
Olaparib tablets as maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive, relapsed ovarian cancer and a BRCA1/2 mutation (SOLO2/ENGOT-Ov21): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Journal Article
Lancet Oncol, 18 (9), pp. 1274-1284, 2017, ISSN: 1470-2045.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2022-06-13
Recently finished projects
- Randomized trial comparing radical hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection vs simple hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection in patients with low risk cervical cancer defined as lesions measuring less than 2 cm with less than 50% stromal in, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention de fonctionnement, from 2012-03-31 to 2020-03-31