Dr. Plante obtained her medical degree from Laval University in 1985 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at McGill University in 1990. She continued with a 3-year subspecialty in gynecologic oncology at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York in 1993. Since then, she has worked as a gynecologist-oncologist at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Plante is a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. She is head of the oncology-gynecology department and in charge of clinical research at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
- Plante is best known for her expertise in minimally invasive surgery in the treatment of gynecological cancers, including robot-assisted surgery, the sentinel lymph node technique in gynecological cancers and in surgeries aimed at preserving fertility in young women suffering from cervical cancer, including radical trachelectomy.
- Plante is the principal investigator of a large international, prospective and randomized study led by the Canadian Cancer Trials Group (CCTG) and the Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) (CX-5 or SHAPE study). The study aims to randomize patients with early-stage and low-risk cervical cancer to receive either radical hysterectomy (standard) or simple hysterectomy (studied). More than 700 patients will be randomized in this study.
- In addition, Dr. Plante is particularly interested in oncogenetics related to ovarian cancer. She has been involved in the activities of the oncogenetics department, along with the St-Sacrement Hospital team, since its inception, and is responsible for its ovarian component.
- Co-chair of CCRN (Cervical Cancer Research Network)
- Chair, International Committee, SGO (Society of Gynecologic Oncology)
- Co-chair, Cervix Working Group, CCTG
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer (IJGC) and Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada (JOGC)
11, côte du Palais
Canada G1R 2J6
Data not available
- Teo-Fortin, Ly-AnnInternL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québeclyfirstname.lastname@example.org
11 Côte du Palais
11611 (Salle 108)
Canada G1R 0A2
HtrA1 expression and the prognosis of high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma: a cohort study using digital analysis.Journal Article
Diagn Pathol, 13 (1), pp. 57, 2018.
Advancing clinical research globally: Cervical cancer research network from Mexico.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol Rep, 25 , pp. 90-93, 2018, ISSN: 2352-5789.
Data Set for the Reporting of Carcinomas of the Cervix: Recommendations From the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR).Journal Article
Int J Gynecol Pathol, 37 (3), pp. 205-228, 2018, ISSN: 0277-1691.
Estradiol metabolites as biomarkers of endometrial cancer prognosis after surgery.Journal Article
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 178 , pp. 45-54, 2018, ISSN: 0960-0760.
The utility of sentinel lymph node mapping in the management of endometrial atypical hyperplasia.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 148 (3), pp. 485-490, 2018, ISSN: 0090-8258.
Identification of Metabolomic Biomarkers for Endometrial Cancer and Its Recurrence after Surgery in Postmenopausal Women.Journal Article
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne), 9 , pp. 87, 2018.
Tips and tricks to improve sentinel lymph node mapping with Indocyanin green in endometrial cancer.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 150 (2), pp. 267-273, 2018, ISSN: 0090-8258.
Near-infrared fluorescence for detection of sentinel lymph nodes in women with cervical and uterine cancers (FILM): a randomised, phase 3, multicentre, non-inferiority trial.Journal Article
Lancet Oncol, 19 (10), pp. 1394-1403, 2018, ISSN: 1470-2045.
Altered expression of different GalNAc‑transferases is associated with disease progression and poor prognosis in women with high-grade serous ovarian cancer.Journal Article
Int J Oncol, 51 (6), pp. 1887-1897, 2017, ISSN: 1019-6439.
Rucaparib maintenance treatment for recurrent ovarian carcinoma after response to platinum therapy (ARIEL3): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Journal Article
Lancet, 390 (10106), pp. 1949-1961, 2017, ISSN: 0140-6736.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2022-06-13
Recently finished projects
- Randomized trial comparing radical hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection vs simple hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection in patients with low risk cervical cancer defined as lesions measuring less than 2 cm with less than 50% stromal in, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention de fonctionnement, from 2012-03-31 to 2020-03-31