Dr. Plante obtained her medical degree from Laval University in 1985 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at McGill University in 1990. She continued with a 3-year subspecialty in gynecologic oncology at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York in 1993. Since then, she has worked as a gynecologist-oncologist at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Plante is a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. She is head of the oncology-gynecology department and in charge of clinical research at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
- Plante is best known for her expertise in minimally invasive surgery in the treatment of gynecological cancers, including robot-assisted surgery, the sentinel lymph node technique in gynecological cancers and in surgeries aimed at preserving fertility in young women suffering from cervical cancer, including radical trachelectomy.
- Plante is the principal investigator of a large international, prospective and randomized study led by the Canadian Cancer Trials Group (CCTG) and the Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) (CX-5 or SHAPE study). The study aims to randomize patients with early-stage and low-risk cervical cancer to receive either radical hysterectomy (standard) or simple hysterectomy (studied). More than 700 patients will be randomized in this study.
- In addition, Dr. Plante is particularly interested in oncogenetics related to ovarian cancer. She has been involved in the activities of the oncogenetics department, along with the St-Sacrement Hospital team, since its inception, and is responsible for its ovarian component.
- Co-chair of CCRN (Cervical Cancer Research Network)
- Chair, International Committee, SGO (Society of Gynecologic Oncology)
- Co-chair, Cervix Working Group, CCTG
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer (IJGC) and Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada (JOGC)
11, côte du Palais
Canada G1R 2J6
Data not available
- Teo-Fortin, Ly-AnnInternL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québeclyemail@example.com
11 Côte du Palais
11611 (Salle 108)
Canada G1R 0A2
BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation predictions using the BOADICEA and BRCAPRO models and penetrance estimation in high-risk French-Canadian families.Journal Article
Breast Cancer Res, 8 (1), pp. R3, 2006, ISSN: 1465-5411.
Traitement conservateur du cancer du col utérinJournal Article
EMC. Techniques Chirurgicales. Gynécologie., 1 (1), pp. 41-720 (13 pages), 2006, ISSN: 2211-0666.
No evidence of false reassurance among women with an inconclusive BRCA1/2 genetic test result.Journal Article
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 14 (12), pp. 2862-7, 2005, ISSN: 1055-9965.
Radical vaginal trachelectomy: a fertility-preserving option for young women with early stage cervical cancer.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 99 (3 Suppl 1), pp. S143-6, 2005, ISSN: 0090-8258.
A new alternative splice variant of BRCA1 containing an additional in-frame exon.Journal Article
Biochim Biophys Acta, 1731 (1), pp. 57-65, 2005, ISSN: 0006-3002.
Multicenter, randomized phase II trial of oral CI-1033 for previously treated advanced ovarian cancer.Journal Article
J Clin Oncol, 23 (24), pp. 5597-604, 2005, ISSN: 0732-183X.
Molecular and genealogical characterization of the R1443X BRCA1 mutation in high-risk French-Canadian breast/ovarian cancer families.Journal Article
Hum Genet, 117 (2-3), pp. 119-32, 2005, ISSN: 0340-6717.
Vaginal radical trachelectomy: a valuable fertility-preserving option in the management of early-stage cervical cancer. A series of 50 pregnancies and review of the literature.Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 98 (1), pp. 3-10, 2005, ISSN: 0090-8258.
Les enjeux éthiques du partage des résultats de recherche: l'expérience d'INHERIT BRCASBook Chapter
S, Philips-Nootens; B, Godard; BM, Knoppers; MH, Régnier (Ed.): La recherche en génétique et en génomique : droits et responsabilités, pp. 103-139, Montréal, Éditions Thémis, 2005, ISBN: 2894002084.
Laparoscopically assisted vaginal radical hysterectomy.Journal Article
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol, 19 (3), pp. 377-86, 2005, ISSN: 1521-6934.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2022-06-13
Recently finished projects
- Randomized trial comparing radical hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection vs simple hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection in patients with low risk cervical cancer defined as lesions measuring less than 2 cm with less than 50% stromal in, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention de fonctionnement, from 2012-03-31 to 2020-03-31