Dr. Plante obtained her medical degree from Laval University in 1985 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at McGill University in 1990. She continued with a 3-year subspecialty in gynecologic oncology at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York in 1993. Since then, she has worked as a gynecologist-oncologist at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Plante is a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Laval University. She is head of the oncology-gynecology department and in charge of clinical research at l’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
- Plante is best known for her expertise in minimally invasive surgery in the treatment of gynecological cancers, including robot-assisted surgery, the sentinel lymph node technique in gynecological cancers and in surgeries aimed at preserving fertility in young women suffering from cervical cancer, including radical trachelectomy.
- Plante is the principal investigator of a large international, prospective and randomized study led by the Canadian Cancer Trials Group (CCTG) and the Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) (CX-5 or SHAPE study). The study aims to randomize patients with early-stage and low-risk cervical cancer to receive either radical hysterectomy (standard) or simple hysterectomy (studied). More than 700 patients will be randomized in this study.
- In addition, Dr. Plante is particularly interested in oncogenetics related to ovarian cancer. She has been involved in the activities of the oncogenetics department, along with the St-Sacrement Hospital team, since its inception, and is responsible for its ovarian component.
- Co-chair of CCRN (Cervical Cancer Research Network)
- Chair, International Committee, SGO (Society of Gynecologic Oncology)
- Co-chair, Cervix Working Group, CCTG
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer (IJGC) and Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada (JOGC)
11, côte du Palais
Canada G1R 2J6
Data not available
- Teo-Fortin, Ly-AnnInternL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québeclyemail@example.com
11 Côte du Palais
11611 (Salle 108)
Canada G1R 0A2
Evaluating the diagnostic performance of preoperative endometrial biopsies in patients diagnosed with high grade endometrial cancer: A study of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology (GOC) Community of Practice (CoP).Journal Article
Gynecol Oncol, 2020, ISSN: 0090-8258.
Simple vaginal trachelectomy in women with early-stage low-risk cervical cancer who wish to preserve fertility: the new standard of care?Journal Article
Int J Gynecol Cancer, 30 (7), pp. 981-986, 2020, ISSN: 1048-891X.
IGCS Intraoperative Technology Taskforce. Update on near infrared imaging technology: beyond white light and the naked eye, indocyanine green and near infrared technology in the treatment of gynecologic cancers.Journal Article
Int J Gynecol Cancer, 30 (5), pp. 670-683, 2020, ISSN: 1048-891X.
Proteases and their inhibitors as prognostic factors for high-grade serous ovarian cancer.Journal Article
Pathol Res Pract, 215 (6), pp. 152369, 2019, ISSN: 0344-0338.
Effectiveness of an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Program in Gynaecology Oncologic Surgery: A Single-Centre Prospective Cohort Study.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 41 (4), pp. 436-442, 2019, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the cervix uteri.Journal Article
Int J Gynaecol Obstet, 145 (1), pp. 129-135, 2019, ISSN: 0020-7292.
SENTICOL III: an international validation study of sentinel node biopsy in early cervical cancer. A GINECO, ENGOT, GCIG and multicenter study.Journal Article
Int J Gynecol Cancer, 29 (4), pp. 829-834, 2019, ISSN: 1048-891X.
FIGO 2018 stage IB2 (2-4 cm) Cervical cancer treated with Neo-adjuvant chemotherapy followed by fertility Sparing Surgery (CONTESSA); Neo-Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Conservative Surgery in Cervical Cancer to Preserve Fertility (NEOCON-F). A PMHC, DGOG, GCIG/CCRN and multicenter study.Journal Article
Int J Gynecol Cancer, 29 (5), pp. 969-975, 2019, ISSN: 1048-891X.
Performance of preoperative plasma tumor markers HE4 and CA125 in predicting ovarian cancer mortality in women with epithelial ovarian cancer.Journal Article
PLoS ONE, 14 (6), pp. e0218621, 2019.
Correction to: HtrA1 expression and the prognosis of high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma: a cohort study using digital analysis.Journal Article
Diagn Pathol, 13 (1), pp. 75, 2018.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2022-06-13
Recently finished projects
- Randomized trial comparing radical hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection vs simple hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection in patients with low risk cervical cancer defined as lesions measuring less than 2 cm with less than 50% stromal in, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention de fonctionnement, from 2012-03-31 to 2020-03-31