Dr. Louis Lacombe is a urologist-oncologist and clinical researcher at the CHU de Québec, and more specifically at L’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Lacombe completed his medical training in Sherbrooke in 1988 and then completed a specialization in Urology at Laval University in 1993. Subsequently, Dr. Lacombe traveled to New York at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center associated with Cornell University to perform a subspecialisation in uro-oncology. This subspecialisation ended in 1996.
Following this subspecialisation, Dr. Lacombe joined the Urology Department of the CHU de Québec in July 1996. As a urologist, Dr. Lacombe specializes in complex surgeries associated with prostate, kidney, testicular and bladder cancer. He also collaborates in kidney transplant surgery.
Research at the Experimental Uro-oncology Laboratory aims to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy of prostate, bladder, and kidney cancers, and thus cover many aspects of research, from basic research to applied research. His interest is mainly focused on bladder cancer.
Dr. Lacombe is also actively involved in clinical research by conducting numerous Phase I, Phase II or Phase III clinical trials to test new drugs or therapies. He has been the principal investigator or co-investigator in more than 120 studies since the beginning of his career.
He has published more than 110 scientific papers and more than 250 scientific abstracts, and has presented at many international conferences.
Throughout his career, he has been awarded the FRQS Junior I and II Clinician Fellowship. He is currently a full professor in the Department of Surgery, and since 2016 he is the Director of the University Department of Surgery at the School of Medicine at Laval University.
10, rue McMahon
Canada G1R 2J6
- Brisson, HervéEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension 16849+1 firstname.lastname@example.org
Canada G1R 2J6
- Ménard, ClaireEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension 16855+1 418-691-5562Claire.Menard@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
Canada G1R 2J6
- Verret, NadiaEmployee+1 418-525-4444, extension email@example.com
Genome-wide germline correlates of the epigenetic landscape of prostate cancer.Journal Article
Nat Med, 25 (10), pp. 1615-1626, 2019, ISSN: 1078-8956.
The Terry Fox Research Institute Canadian Prostate Cancer Biomarker Network: an analysis of a pan-Canadian multi-center cohort for biomarker validation.Journal Article
BMC Urol, 18 (1), pp. 78, 2018.
Surveillance guidelines based on recurrence patterns for upper tract urothelial carcinoma.Journal Article
Can Urol Assoc J, 12 (8), pp. 243-251, 2018, ISSN: 1911-6470.
The Cancer Genome Atlas Comprehensive Molecular Characterization of Renal Cell Carcinoma.Journal Article
Cell Rep, 23 (12), pp. 3698, 2018.
The Immune Landscape of Cancer.Journal Article
Immunity, 48 (4), pp. 812-830.e14, 2018, ISSN: 1074-7613.
Apalutamide Treatment and Metastasis-free Survival in Prostate Cancer.Journal Article
N Engl J Med, 378 (15), pp. 1408-1418, 2018, ISSN: 0028-4793.
Comparative Molecular Analysis of Gastrointestinal Adenocarcinomas.Journal Article
Cancer Cell, 33 (4), pp. 721-735.e8, 2018, ISSN: 1535-6108.
lncRNA Epigenetic Landscape Analysis Identifies EPIC1 as an Oncogenic lncRNA that Interacts with MYC and Promotes Cell-Cycle Progression in Cancer.Journal Article
Cancer Cell, 33 (4), pp. 706-720.e9, 2018, ISSN: 1535-6108.
A Comprehensive Pan-Cancer Molecular Study of Gynecologic and Breast Cancers.Journal Article
Cancer Cell, 33 (4), pp. 690-705.e9, 2018, ISSN: 1535-6108.
Genomic and Functional Approaches to Understanding Cancer Aneuploidy.Journal Article
Cancer Cell, 33 (4), pp. 676-689.e3, 2018, ISSN: 1535-6108.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2022-06-13
- Interaction between environment, diet, physical activities, and sexual habits, in the risk of prostate cancer. Validation of biomarkers to personnalize preventive interventions., Subvention, Société de recherche sur le cancer, Compétition GRePEC (SRC/FRSQ/MDEIE), from 2012-10-01 to 2021-12-31
- Soutien à la recherche, Subvention, Université Laval - Soutien à la recherche, from 2017-07-01 to 2024-06-30
- The Contribution of Non-Classical 11-oxy Androgens to Prostate Cancer Progression, Subvention, Cancer de la prostate Canada, Subvention de découverte, from 2019-04-01 to 2022-03-30
Recently finished projects
- A Pan-Canadian initiative for the development of biomarker-driven approach to management of prostate cancer, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Montréal, from 2012-04-01 to 2019-12-31