Dr. Louis Lacombe is a urologist-oncologist and clinical researcher at the CHU de Québec, and more specifically at L’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Lacombe completed his medical training in Sherbrooke in 1988 and then completed a specialization in Urology at Laval University in 1993. Subsequently, Dr. Lacombe traveled to New York at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center associated with Cornell University to perform a subspecialisation in uro-oncology. This subspecialisation ended in 1996.
Following this subspecialisation, Dr. Lacombe joined the Urology Department of the CHU de Québec in July 1996. As a urologist, Dr. Lacombe specializes in complex surgeries associated with prostate, kidney, testicular and bladder cancer. He also collaborates in kidney transplant surgery.
Research at the Experimental Uro-oncology Laboratory aims to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy of prostate, bladder, and kidney cancers, and thus cover many aspects of research, from basic research to applied research. His interest is mainly focused on bladder cancer.
Dr. Lacombe is also actively involved in clinical research by conducting numerous Phase I, Phase II or Phase III clinical trials to test new drugs or therapies. He has been the principal investigator or co-investigator in more than 120 studies since the beginning of his career.
He has published more than 110 scientific papers and more than 250 scientific abstracts, and has presented at many international conferences.
Throughout his career, he has been awarded the FRQS Junior I and II Clinician Fellowship. He is currently a full professor in the Department of Surgery, and since 2016 he is the Director of the University Department of Surgery at the School of Medicine at Laval University.
10, rue McMahon
Canada G1R 2J6
- Brisson, HervéEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension 16849+1 firstname.lastname@example.org
Canada G1R 2J6
- Ménard, ClaireEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension 16855+1 418-691-5562Claire.Menard@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
Canada G1R 2J6
- Verret, NadiaEmployee+1 418-525-4444, extension email@example.com
Neoadjuvant hormone therapy before salvage radiotherapy for an increasing post-radical prostatectomy serum prostate specific antigen level.Journal Article
J Urol, 170 (2 Pt 1), pp. 447-50, 2003, ISSN: 0022-5347.
Does the potassium stimulation test predict cystometric, cystoscopic outcome in interstitial cystitis?Journal Article
J Urol, 168 (2), pp. 556-7, 2002, ISSN: 0022-5347.
Duration of neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy before radical prostatectomy and disease-free survival in men with prostate cancer.Journal Article
Urology, 58 (2 Suppl 1), pp. 71-7, 2001, ISSN: 0090-4295.
Expression of p21 predicts PSA failure in locally advanced prostate cancer treated by prostatectomy.Journal Article
Int J Cancer, 95 (3), pp. 135-9, 2001, ISSN: 0020-7136.
Can biological markers predict recurrence and progression of superficial bladder cancer?Journal Article
Curr Opin Urol, 10 (5), pp. 441-5, 2000, ISSN: 0963-0643.
Tumorigenic pathways in low-stage bladder cancer based on p53, MDM2 and p21 phenotypes.Journal Article
Int J Cancer, 89 (1), pp. 100-4, 2000, ISSN: 0020-7136.
Predictive value of cell cycle markers p53, MDM2, p21, and Ki-67 in superficial bladder tumor recurrence.Journal Article
Clin Cancer Res, 5 (12), pp. 4079-84, 1999, ISSN: 1078-0432.
Neoadjuvant hormonal therapy before radical prostatectomy and risk of prostate specific antigen failure.Journal Article
J Urol, 162 (6), pp. 2024-8, 1999, ISSN: 0022-5347.
Prognostic value of the proliferative index determined by Ki-67 immunostaining in superficial bladder tumors.Journal Article
Hum Pathol, 30 (11), pp. 1350-5, 1999, ISSN: 0046-8177.
Deletions of the INK4A gene in superficial bladder tumors. Association with recurrence.Journal Article
Am J Pathol, 155 (1), pp. 105-13, 1999, ISSN: 0002-9440.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2022-06-13
- Interaction between environment, diet, physical activities, and sexual habits, in the risk of prostate cancer. Validation of biomarkers to personnalize preventive interventions., Subvention, Société de recherche sur le cancer, Compétition GRePEC (SRC/FRSQ/MDEIE), from 2012-10-01 to 2021-12-31
- Soutien à la recherche, Subvention, Université Laval - Soutien à la recherche, from 2017-07-01 to 2024-06-30
- The Contribution of Non-Classical 11-oxy Androgens to Prostate Cancer Progression, Subvention, Cancer de la prostate Canada, Subvention de découverte, from 2019-04-01 to 2022-03-30
Recently finished projects
- A Pan-Canadian initiative for the development of biomarker-driven approach to management of prostate cancer, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Montréal, from 2012-04-01 to 2019-12-31