Dr. Louis Lacombe is a urologist-oncologist and clinical researcher at the CHU de Québec, and more specifically at L’Hôtel-Dieu de Québec.
Dr. Lacombe completed his medical training in Sherbrooke in 1988 and then completed a specialization in Urology at Laval University in 1993. Subsequently, Dr. Lacombe traveled to New York at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center associated with Cornell University to perform a subspecialisation in uro-oncology. This subspecialisation ended in 1996.
Following this subspecialisation, Dr. Lacombe joined the Urology Department of the CHU de Québec in July 1996. As a urologist, Dr. Lacombe specializes in complex surgeries associated with prostate, kidney, testicular and bladder cancer. He also collaborates in kidney transplant surgery.
Research at the Experimental Uro-oncology Laboratory aims to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy of prostate, bladder, and kidney cancers, and thus cover many aspects of research, from basic research to applied research. His interest is mainly focused on bladder cancer.
Dr. Lacombe is also actively involved in clinical research by conducting numerous Phase I, Phase II or Phase III clinical trials to test new drugs or therapies. He has been the principal investigator or co-investigator in more than 120 studies since the beginning of his career.
He has published more than 110 scientific papers and more than 250 scientific abstracts, and has presented at many international conferences.
Throughout his career, he has been awarded the FRQS Junior I and II Clinician Fellowship. He is currently a full professor in the Department of Surgery, and since 2016 he is the Director of the University Department of Surgery at the School of Medicine at Laval University.
10, rue McMahon
Canada G1R 2J6
- Brisson, HervéEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension 16849+1 email@example.com
Canada G1R 2J6
- Ménard, ClaireEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension 16855+1 418-691-5562Claire.Menard@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
Canada G1R 2J6
- Verret, NadiaEmployee+1 418-525-4444, extension firstname.lastname@example.org
A Multi-Institutional Validation of Gleason Score Derived from Tissue Microarray Cores.Journal Article
Pathol Oncol Res, 25 (3), pp. 979-986, 2019, ISSN: 1219-4956.
Validation of the prognostic value of NF-κB p65 in prostate cancer: A retrospective study using a large multi-institutional cohort of the Canadian Prostate Cancer Biomarker Network.Journal Article
PLoS Med, 16 (7), pp. e1002847, 2019, ISSN: 1549-1277.
The relationship between body-mass index, physical activity, and pathologic and clinical outcomes after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer.Journal Article
World J Urol, 37 (5), pp. 789-798, 2019, ISSN: 0724-4983.
Factors Affecting Interindividual Variability of Hepatic UGT2B17 Protein Expression Examined Using a Novel Specific Monoclonal Antibody.Journal Article
Drug Metab Dispos, 47 (5), pp. 444-452, 2019, ISSN: 0090-9556.
Use and duration of antibiotic prophylaxis and the rate of urinary tract infection after radical cystectomy for bladder cancer: Results of a multicentric series.Journal Article
Urol Oncol, 37 (5), pp. 300.e9-300.e15, 2019, ISSN: 1078-1439.
Optimization of the 2014 Gleason grade grouping in a Canadian cohort of patients with localized prostate cancer.Journal Article
BJU Int, 123 (4), pp. 624-631, 2019, ISSN: 1464-4096.
A Comprehensive Analysis of Steroid Hormones and Progression of Localized High-Risk Prostate Cancer.Journal Article
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 28 (4), pp. 701-706, 2019, ISSN: 1055-9965.
Psychosocial adjustment to a prostate cancer diagnosis in a cohort of radical prostatectomy patients in Quebec, Canada.Journal Article
Psychooncology, 28 (4), pp. 839-846, 2019, ISSN: 1057-9249.
Widespread and Functional RNA Circularization in Localized Prostate Cancer.Journal Article
Cell, 176 (4), pp. 831-843.e22, 2019, ISSN: 0092-8674.
Discordance between testosterone measurement methods in castrated prostate cancer patients.Journal Article
Endocr Connect, 2019, ISSN: 2049-3614.
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2023-04-30
- Centres hospitaliers universitaires de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Interaction between environment, diet, physical activities, and sexual habits, in the risk of prostate cancer. Validation of biomarkers to personnalize preventive interventions., Subvention, Société de recherche sur le cancer, Compétition GRePEC (SRC/FRSQ/MDEIE), from 2012-10-01 to 2020-08-31
- Soutien à la recherche, Subvention, Université Laval - Soutien à la recherche, from 2017-07-01 to 2020-06-30
- The Contribution of Non-Classical 11-oxy Androgens to Prostate Cancer Progression, Subvention, Cancer de la prostate Canada, Subvention de découverte, from 2019-04-01 to 2021-03-31