Dr. Julie Lemieux is a hemato-oncologist at the CHU de Québec-Laval University. She is also a clinical researcher at the Research Center of the CHU de Québec-Laval University, and clinical professor at the Laval University School of Medicine. Dr. Lemieux is part of the research group of the Centre des Maladies du Sein of CHU de Québec-Laval University.
Dr. Lemieux is a member of the Canadian Clinical Trial Group for quality of life in breast cancer. She is also a scientific committee member for the McPeak-Sirois research group.
Using structured breast cancer data
The Centre des Maladies du Sein research team has a comprehensive database of all cancers diagnosed since 1974; more than 12,000 patients are listed. A database of biopsy data from 1999 is also available; data on more than 34,000 biopsies are listed. These databases allow quality publications that modify the management and monitoring of cancers and benign breast diseases.
Offer innovative treatments
The Centre des Maladies du Sein of CHU de Québec-Laval University research group is one of the largest in Canada offering innovative treatments for breast cancer. More than 50 clinical trials are active at all times and are offered to patients who consult at the clinic or are referred by clinics/hospitals in the area. These clinical trials provide access to innovative experimental medications and develop the expertise of our world-renowned oncologists.
Support the quality of life
The Centre des Maladies du Sein of CHU de Québec-Laval University research group is a pioneer in quality of life studies in breast cancer, from total mastectomy to partial mastectomy, to the use of the cooling cap to counteract hair loss, promoting physical activity to improve survivorship, including optimal preservation of the axillary lymph nodes. The research group is at the forefront of studies promoting quality of life despite the adverse effects of the disease on an individual’s life.
1050, chemin Sainte-Foy
Canada G1S 4L8
Research priorities in metastatic breast cancer: A James Lind Alliance Priority Setting Partnership.Journal Article
Breast J, 2019, ISSN: 1075-122X.
Breast cancer subtype and screening sensitivity in the Quebec Mammography Screening Program.Journal Article
J Med Screen, 26 (3), pp. 154-161, 2019, ISSN: 0969-1413.
Progesterone receptor status modifies the association between body mass index and prognosis in women diagnosed with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer.Journal Article
Int J Cancer, 2019, ISSN: 0020-7136.
Women's Beliefs on Early Adherence to Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy for Breast Cancer: A Theory-Based Qualitative Study to Guide the Development of Community Pharmacist Interventions.Journal Article
Pharmacy (Basel), 6 (2), 2018, ISSN: 2226-4787.
Characteristics and long-term survival of patients diagnosed with pure tubular carcinoma of the breast.Journal Article
J Surg Oncol, 117 (6), pp. 1137-1143, 2018, ISSN: 0022-4790.
Quality of Life From Canadian Cancer Trials Group MA.17R: A Randomized Trial of Extending Adjuvant Letrozole to 10 Years.Journal Article
J Clin Oncol, 36 (6), pp. 563-571, 2018, ISSN: 0732-183X.
Association of Tobacco Use, Alcohol Consumption and HER2 Polymorphisms With Response to Trastuzumab in HER2-Positive Breast Cancer Patients.Journal Article
Clin Breast Cancer, 18 (4), pp. e687-e694, 2018, ISSN: 1526-8209.
In response to: Long-term overall survival of patients diagnosed with pure tubular carcinoma of the breast might be affected by increased co-morbidities.Journal Article
J Surg Oncol, 117 (7), pp. 1615, 2018, ISSN: 0022-4790.
Value assessment in oncology drugs: funding of drugs for metastatic breast cancer in Canada.Journal Article
Curr Oncol, 25 (Suppl 1), pp. S161-S170, 2018, ISSN: 1198-0052.
Impact of physical activity in group versus individual physical activity on fatigue in patients with breast cancer: A pilot study.Journal Article
Breast, 35 , pp. 8-13, 2017, ISSN: 0960-9776.
- Age-related patterns in the experience of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention Projet, from 2019-10-01 to 2024-09-30
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- LA LEAST Luminal A, limited endocrine adjuvant systemic therapy, a phase II trial of abbreviated hormone therapy for low risk hormone receptor positive, HER2 negative early breast cancer, Subvention, L'Institut de recherche de la Société canadienne du cancer, from 2017-04-01 to 2020-03-31
Recently finished projects
- Enhancing adherence to adjuvant endocrine therapy among breast cancer survivors: Pilot study of the S.O.I.E. program, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Volet Projet: Concours pilotes, from 2016-04-01 to 2018-04-30
- MA-12: Étude randomisée à double insu visant à comparer le tamoxifène avec un placebo chez les patientes atteintes d'un cancer du sein étendu aux ganglions lymphatiques et qui ont complété une chimiothérapie adjuvante ..., Subvention, L'Institut de recherche de la Société canadienne du cancer, Subvention de recherche, from 1997-04-01 to 2019-03-31
- NSABP Breast Cancer Treatment Protocols, Subvention, National Institute of Health (USA), Subvention de recherche, from 1997-02-01 to 2019-01-31
- PALbociclib CoLlaborative Adjuvant Study (PALLAS study), Subvention, L'Institut de recherche de la Société canadienne du cancer, from 2017-05-17 to 2019-03-31