Jocelyne Moisan is a full professor at the Faculty of Pharmacy at Laval University. She carries out her research activities in the Population Health and Optimal Health Practices Axis of the CHU Research Center of Québec-Université Laval. She uses methods of epidemiology, biostatistics, and pharmacoepidemiology to carry out her studies which focus on the description of the use of treatments in various populations, the factors associated with this use, the quality of this use, and the interventions aimed at improving it.
Study of the reasons for non-adherence to treatment
It is well known that many people do not take their medications as prescribed. Who has never skipped a dose or stopped treatment earlier than was recommended? Unfortunately, a treatment, whether it is a medicine, a diet or something else, is only effective if followed. It is important to know the reasons why some people do not adhere to their treatment, and why others adhere to it.
Identify ways to improve adherence to treatment
Once the factors that promote adherence and the barriers to the proper use of treatments have been identified, it is necessary to design appropriate interventions, implement them, and assess their impact.
1050, chemin Sainte-Foy
Canada G1S 4L8
Data not available
Patient-reported outcome instruments that evaluate adherence behaviours in adults with asthma: a systematic review of measurement properties.Journal Article
Br J Clin Pharmacol, 84 (9), pp. 1928-1940, 2018, ISSN: 0306-5251.
Comparative impact of two continuing education activities targeted at COPD educators on educational outcomes: protocol for a non-randomized controlled study using mixed methods.Journal Article
BMC Health Serv Res, 18 (1), pp. 460, 2018.
Women's Beliefs on Early Adherence to Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy for Breast Cancer: A Theory-Based Qualitative Study to Guide the Development of Community Pharmacist Interventions.Journal Article
Pharmacy (Basel), 6 (2), 2018, ISSN: 2226-4787.
Factors associated with adherence to asthma treatment with inhaled corticosteroids: A cross-sectional exploratory study.Journal Article
J Asthma, 55 (3), pp. 318-329, 2018, ISSN: 0277-0903.
Patient perspectives on the role of community pharmacists for antidepressant treatment: A qualitative study.Journal Article
Can Pharm J (Ott), 151 (2), pp. 142-148, 2018, ISSN: 1715-1635.
- Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - CHU de Québec-Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Fonds de soutien sur l'adhésion aux traitements, Subvention, Fondation de l'Université Laval, from 2017-01-01 to 2019-04-30
- Institut sur le vieillissement et la participation sociale des aînés, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, Instituts reconnus, from 2002-06-01 to 2019-04-30
Recently finished projects
- Chaire sur l'adhésion aux traitements 1/2, Subvention, Canadian Council for Research in Disease Management, Chaires de recherche sans organismes subventionnaires, from 2009-09-01 to 2016-12-31
- Usage des traitements issus de la médecine moderne, traditionnelle et complémentaire chez les personnes vivant avec le VIH-1 et relation avec le traitement antirétroviral en Côte d'Ivoire, Subvention, Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale, from 2016-04-01 to 2017-03-31