Dr Jean-Claude Forest is a clinical researcher, member of the Research Center of the CHU de Québec-Université Laval, Professor of Laboratory Medicine at the Laval University School of Medicine and Member of the Department of Laboratory Medicine of the CHU de Québec. From 2004 to 2011, he has been the Director of the Research Center of the University Hospital and Associate General Director for Medical and University Affairs from 2010 to 2017. His main research interests are the development of biological markers for the screening and diagnostic of fetal anomalies and diseases associated with pregnancy, such as preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. He is the author or co-author of more than 600 papers, book chapters, scientific communications as well as a speaker at several events. His work has been instrumental in the development of prenatal screening procedures for trisomy 21. He happens to be the Chair of the Coordinating Committee of the Quebec Prenatal Screening Program for Trisomy 21, for which he has played a major role in the implementation. From 1994 to 2006, he has been successively Member, Vice-Chair and Chair of the Scientific Division of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC). From 2006 to 2009, he chaired the Joint Committee on Metrological Traceability and, from 2005 to 2010, he was Delegate to the Expert Panel of WHO on Biological Standardization. He received numerous national and international awards and distinctions. For instance, in 2017, he was awarded one of the highest distinctions of the Canadian Medical Association, the Medal of Service, and from the IFCC, the IFCC-Abbott Visiting Lecturer Award.
10, rue de l'Espinay
Canada G1L 3L5
Osteocalcin is higher across pregnancy in Caucasian women with gestational diabetes mellitus.Journal Article
Can J Diab, 38 (5), pp. 307-13, 2014, ISSN: 1499-2671.
Soluble Fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 to placental growth factor ratio in mid-pregnancy as a predictor of preterm preeclampsia in asymptomatic pregnant women.Journal Article
Clin Chem Lab Med, 52 (8), pp. 1169-78, 2014, ISSN: 1434-6621.
Validation of early risk-prediction models for gestational diabetes based on clinical characteristics.Journal Article
Diabetes Res Clin Pract, 103 (3), pp. 419-25, 2014, ISSN: 0168-8227.
Association between first-trimester placental volume and birth weight.Journal Article
Placenta, 35 (2), pp. 99-102, 2014, ISSN: 0143-4004.
Association between physical activity in early pregnancy and markers of placental growth and function.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 35 (9), pp. 787-792, 2013, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Absence of association between serum folate and preeclampsia in women exposed to food fortification.Journal Article
Obstet Gynecol, 122 (2 Pt 1), pp. 345-51, 2013, ISSN: 0029-7844.
Validity of the Willett food frequency questionnaire in assessing the iron intake of French-Canadian pregnant women.Journal Article
Nutrition, 29 (5), pp. 752-6, 2013, ISSN: 0899-9007.
Early administration of low-dose aspirin for the prevention of severe and mild preeclampsia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Journal Article
Am J Perinatol, 29 (7), pp. 551-6, 2012, ISSN: 0735-1631.
Modulation of fatty acid transport and metabolism by maternal obesity in the human full-term placenta.Journal Article
Biol Reprod, 87 (1), pp. 14, 1-11, 2012, ISSN: 0006-3363.
Linking preeclampsia and cardiovascular disease later in life.Journal Article
Clin Chem Lab Med, 50 (6), pp. 985-93, 2012, ISSN: 1434-6621.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Non primary cytomegalovirus infections in pregnancy, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention de fonctionnement, from 2017-10-01 to 2020-09-30
- PEGASUS-2 - PErsonalized Genomics for prenatal Abnormalities Screening USing maternal blood : Towards First Tier Screening and Beyond, Partenariat, Génome Canada, Projets de recherche appliquée à grande échelle - Large-Scale Applied Research Project, from 2018-04-01 to 2022-03-31
Recently finished projects
- Analytical mobile application to support shared decision making for pregnant women, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Programme de subvention Catalyseur, from 2017-09-01 to 2019-08-31
- Fonds de recherche de l'Hôpital Saint-François d'Assise, Subvention, Fondation de l'Université Laval, from 2018-08-01 to 2019-07-31