Dr Jean-Claude Forest is a clinical researcher, member of the Research Center of the CHU de Québec-Université Laval, Professor of Laboratory Medicine at the Laval University School of Medicine and Member of the Department of Laboratory Medicine of the CHU de Québec. From 2004 to 2011, he has been the Director of the Research Center of the University Hospital and Associate General Director for Medical and University Affairs from 2010 to 2017. His main research interests are the development of biological markers for the screening and diagnostic of fetal anomalies and diseases associated with pregnancy, such as preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. He is the author or co-author of more than 600 papers, book chapters, scientific communications as well as a speaker at several events. His work has been instrumental in the development of prenatal screening procedures for trisomy 21. He happens to be the Chair of the Coordinating Committee of the Quebec Prenatal Screening Program for Trisomy 21, for which he has played a major role in the implementation. From 1994 to 2006, he has been successively Member, Vice-Chair and Chair of the Scientific Division of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC). From 2006 to 2009, he chaired the Joint Committee on Metrological Traceability and, from 2005 to 2010, he was Delegate to the Expert Panel of WHO on Biological Standardization. He received numerous national and international awards and distinctions. For instance, in 2017, he was awarded one of the highest distinctions of the Canadian Medical Association, the Medal of Service, and from the IFCC, the IFCC-Abbott Visiting Lecturer Award.
10, rue de l'Espinay
Canada G1L 3L5
Vitamin D Status and Gestational Diabetes: Effect of Smoking Status during Pregnancy.Journal Article
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol, 30 (3), pp. 229-37, 2016, ISSN: 0269-5022.
Cord blood vitamin D status and neonatal outcomes in a birth cohort in Quebec, Canada.Journal Article
Arch Gynecol Obstet, 293 (4), pp. 731-8, 2016, ISSN: 0932-0067.
Early prediction of gestational diabetes: a practical model combining clinical and biochemical markers.Journal Article
Clin Chem Lab Med, 54 (3), pp. 509-18, 2016, ISSN: 1434-6621.
First-Trimester Placental and Myometrial Blood Perfusion Measured by Three-Dimensional Power Doppler in Preeclampsia.Journal Article
Am J Perinatol, 32 (10), pp. 920-6, 2015, ISSN: 0735-1631.
Vitamin D status in early pregnancy and risk of preeclampsia.Journal Article
Am J Obstet Gynecol, 212 (4), pp. 511.e1-7, 2015, ISSN: 0002-9378.
Screening for pre-eclampsia early in pregnancy: performance of a multivariable model combining clinical characteristics and biochemical markers.Journal Article
BJOG, 122 (3), pp. 402-10, 2015, ISSN: 1470-0328.
Mid-trimester maternal serum AFP and hCG as markers of preterm and term adverse pregnancy outcomes.Journal Article
J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 37 (2), pp. 111-6, 2015, ISSN: 1701-2163.
Breastfeeding initiation: impact of obesity in a large Canadian perinatal cohort study.Journal Article
PLoS ONE, 10 (2), pp. e0117512, 2015.
Maternal prenatal stress and infant birth weight and gestational age: A meta-analysis of prospective studiesJournal Article
Dev Rev, 36 , pp. 179-199, 2015, ISSN: 0273-2297.
Osteocalcin is higher across pregnancy in Caucasian women with gestational diabetes mellitus.Journal Article
Can J Diab, 38 (5), pp. 307-13, 2014, ISSN: 1499-2671.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Non primary cytomegalovirus infections in pregnancy, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention de fonctionnement, from 2017-10-01 to 2020-09-30
- PEGASUS-2 - PErsonalized Genomics for prenatal Abnormalities Screening USing maternal blood : Towards First Tier Screening and Beyond, Partenariat, Génome Canada, Projets de recherche appliquée à grande échelle - Large-Scale Applied Research Project, from 2018-04-01 to 2022-03-31
Recently finished projects
- Analytical mobile application to support shared decision making for pregnant women, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Programme de subvention Catalyseur, from 2017-09-01 to 2019-08-31
- Fonds de recherche de l'Hôpital Saint-François d'Assise, Subvention, Fondation de l'Université Laval, from 2018-08-01 to 2019-07-31