Dr Jean-Claude Forest is a clinical researcher, member of the Research Center of the CHU de Québec-Université Laval, Professor of Laboratory Medicine at the Laval University School of Medicine and Member of the Department of Laboratory Medicine of the CHU de Québec. From 2004 to 2011, he has been the Director of the Research Center of the University Hospital and Associate General Director for Medical and University Affairs from 2010 to 2017. His main research interests are the development of biological markers for the screening and diagnostic of fetal anomalies and diseases associated with pregnancy, such as preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. He is the author or co-author of more than 600 papers, book chapters, scientific communications as well as a speaker at several events. His work has been instrumental in the development of prenatal screening procedures for trisomy 21. He happens to be the Chair of the Coordinating Committee of the Quebec Prenatal Screening Program for Trisomy 21, for which he has played a major role in the implementation. From 1994 to 2006, he has been successively Member, Vice-Chair and Chair of the Scientific Division of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC). From 2006 to 2009, he chaired the Joint Committee on Metrological Traceability and, from 2005 to 2010, he was Delegate to the Expert Panel of WHO on Biological Standardization. He received numerous national and international awards and distinctions. For instance, in 2017, he was awarded one of the highest distinctions of the Canadian Medical Association, the Medal of Service, and from the IFCC, the IFCC-Abbott Visiting Lecturer Award.
10, rue de l'Espinay
Canada G1L 3L5
Specific inflammatory profile in each pregnancy complication: A comparative study.Journal Article
Am J Reprod Immunol, pp. e13316, 2020, ISSN: 1046-7408.
Cord blood S100B: reference ranges and interest for early identification of newborns with brain injury.Journal Article
Clin Chem Lab Med, 58 (2), pp. 285-293, 2020, ISSN: 1434-6621.
Study of sRAGE, HMGB1, AGE, and S100A8/A9 Concentrations in Plasma and in Serum-Extracted Extracellular Vesicles of Pregnant Women With Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes.Journal Article
Front Physiol, 11 , pp. 609, 2020, ISSN: 1664-042X.
Association of Maternal Weight and Gestational Weight Gain with Maternal and Neonate Outcomes: A Prospective Cohort Study.Journal Article
J Clin Med, 8 (12), 2019, ISSN: 2077-0383.
Risk Factors and Outcomes of Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes in a Cohort of 6968 Pregnant Women Prospectively Recruited.Journal Article
J Clin Med, 8 (11), 2019, ISSN: 2077-0383.
An Analytical Mobile App for Shared Decision Making About Prenatal Screening: Protocol for a Mixed Methods Study.Journal Article
JMIR Res Protoc, 8 (10), pp. e13321, 2019, ISSN: 1929-0748.
Use of antidepressants and anxiolytics in early pregnancy and the risk of preeclampsia and gestational hypertension: a prospective study.Journal Article
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth, 19 (1), pp. 146, 2019.
Prospective head-to-head comparison of accuracy of two sequencing platforms for screening for fetal aneuploidy by cell-free DNA: the PEGASUS study.Journal Article
Eur J Hum Genet, 27 (11), pp. 1701-1715, 2019, ISSN: 1018-4813.
Risk of gestational diabetes mellitus in relation to plasma concentrations of amino acids and acylcarnitines: A nested case-control study.Journal Article
Diabetes Res Clin Pract, 140 , pp. 183-190, 2018, ISSN: 0168-8227.
Comparison of first-tier cell-free DNA screening for common aneuploidies with conventional publically funded screening.Journal Article
Prenat Diagn, 37 (12), pp. 1238-1244, 2017, ISSN: 0197-3851.
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Non primary cytomegalovirus infections in pregnancy, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Subvention de fonctionnement, from 2017-10-01 to 2020-09-30
- PEGASUS-2 - PErsonalized Genomics for prenatal Abnormalities Screening USing maternal blood : Towards First Tier Screening and Beyond, Partenariat, Génome Canada, Projets de recherche appliquée à grande échelle - Large-Scale Applied Research Project, from 2018-04-01 to 2022-03-31
Recently finished projects
- Analytical mobile application to support shared decision making for pregnant women, Subvention, Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada, Programme de subvention Catalyseur, from 2017-09-01 to 2019-08-31
- Fonds de recherche de l'Hôpital Saint-François d'Assise, Subvention, Fondation de l'Université Laval, from 2018-08-01 to 2019-07-31