Dr. Isabelle Bairati, MD, Ph.D., is a full professor in the Department of Surgery of the Faculty of Medicine at Laval University, a researcher at the CHU Research Centre of Quebec-Laval University (cancer axis), and a researcher at Laval University’s Cancer Research Centre. She carries out her medical activities as a medical consultant to the board of the Capitale-Nationale’s Public Health Department.
Since her postdoctoral training at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, USA, Dr. Bairati’s research activities have focused on epidemiology, and the clinical epidemiology of cancers. Her research has focused on the study of modifiable risk factors, including nutrition, on the occurrence of cancers, and their prognosis. More specifically, she was the principal investigator of a chemoprevention clinical trial, testing the effectiveness of antioxidant vitamins in preventing the occurrence of second primary cancers in patients with ENT cancer. This clinical trial has shown an adverse effect of high doses of antioxidants in patients with ENT cancer (J Natl Cancer Inst., 2005). During the last 10 years, her research has focused on the study of the prognostic effect of serum, tumor and genetic markers in ENT and ovarian cancers. As a public health physician, she is also interested in the impact of the organization of oncology health services on the prognosis and satisfaction of oncology clients.
6, rue McMahon
Canada G1R 2J6
Data not available
HtrA1 expression and the prognosis of high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma: a cohort study using digital analysis.Journal Article
Diagn Pathol, 13 (1), pp. 57, 2018.
Valid assessment of women's satisfaction with breast cancer screening programs.Journal Article
Breast, 40 , pp. 189, 2018, ISSN: 0960-9776.
Effects of concentrated long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation before radical prostatectomy on prostate cancer proliferation, inflammation, and quality of life: study protocol for a phase IIb, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Journal Article
BMC Cancer, 18 (1), pp. 64, 2018.
Predictors of circulating INTERLEUKIN-6 levels in head and neck cancer patients.Journal Article
Cancers Head Neck, 3 , 2018, ISSN: 2059-7347.
Prediction of the outcome of children who had a language delay at age 2 when they are aged 4: Still a challenge.Journal Article
Int J Speech Lang Pathol, pp. 1-14, 2017, ISSN: 1754-9507.
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2023-04-30
- Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - CHU de Québec-Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Interaction between environment, diet, physical activities, and sexual habits, in the risk of prostate cancer. Validation of biomarkers to personnalize preventive interventions., Subvention, Société de recherche sur le cancer, Compétition GRePEC (SRC/FRSQ/MDEIE), from 2012-10-01 to 2019-08-31
Recently finished projects
- MMP9 and ADAM-10 in High Grade Ovarian Cancer, Subvention, Terry Fox Research Institute (The), from 2015-03-20 to 2017-03-20
- Phase II double-blind randomised controlled trial of concentrated omega-3 (mainly EPA) before prostatectomy evaluating the effects on prostate cancer proliferation, inflammation and quality of life., Subvention, L'Institut de recherche de la Société canadienne du cancer, Subventions pour l'innovation, from 2014-02-01 to 2018-01-31
- Randomized controlled trial to test the efficacy of a trans-tympanic injection of a sodium thiosulfate gel to prevent cisplatin-induced ototoxicity in patients with head and neck cancer., Subvention, L'Institut de recherche de la Société canadienne du cancer, Subvention de recherche, from 2012-08-01 to 2017-07-31
- The Canadian Ovarian Cancer Research Consortium (COCRC). Plateforme trans-canadienne pour le développement de biomarqueurs s'adressant à des sous-types spécifiques de carcinome ovarien., Subvention, Terry Fox Research Institute (The), from 2011-04-01 to 2018-03-31