Dr. Éric Vigneault is a radiation oncologist-clinician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at CHUQ, and a researcher in the oncology axis of the CHU Research Centre of Laval University-Quebec, affiliated with the Centre for Cancer Research at Laval University.
He is also Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Medicine of the Faculty of Medicine at Laval University. Dr. Vigneault has been actively involved in the development of the first Iodine-125 prostate brachytherapy program in Canada, and is the pioneer of high dose-rate, non-permanent brachytherapy in Canada. He is the principal investigator of randomized phase II CCTG studies, comparing HDR brachytherapy with conventional radiotherapy in the treatment of intermediate-risk prostatic cancers (PR15), and comparing HDR brachytherapy with LDR monotherapy (PR19).
Dr. Vigneault is deeply involved at the national level, including as the former President of the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncologists, as a member of the Steering Committee of the Canadian Urologic Oncology Group (CUOG), as well as internationally as the Associate Editor of the Brachytherapy journal.
Since 2015, he holds the Research Chair in Image-guided Brachytherapy, whose mission is to integrate technological advances in the field of imaging, computer science, dosimetry optimization, radioactive source implantation systems, as well as clinical expertise to improve brachytherapy treatments for solid tumors, thereby promoting a better therapeutic ratio – i.e., an increase in tumor control and a decrease in toxicity. This research Chair is part of Laval University’s Program for the Advancement of Innovation, Research and Teaching, which aims to create a research environment that stimulates innovation, inventiveness and creativity among research professors.
The objectives of the Chair are:
- Improve the integration of real-time imaging, implantation and dosimetry systems to improve the quality and accuracy of radioactive material implantation in cancers.
- Develop protocols for treating tumor sites by brachytherapy.
- Promote clinical research to evaluate and compare tumor controls, toxicities, and quality of life assessment with conventional treatment, including dissemination of results and knowledge transfer;
- Promote the education and training of graduate students and fellows in the field of brachytherapy;
- Develop clinical databases of tissue banks collected to support translational research.
Hôtel-Dieu de Québec
11, Côte du Palais, Bureau 3336
Canada G1R 2J6
- Carignan, DamienEmployeeL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension 24652+1 418-654-2715Damien.Carignan@crchudequebec.ulaval.ca
Canada G1R 2J6
- Chebra, ImenMaster studentL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension email@example.com
6 Rue Mcmahon
Canada G1R 3S1
- Lessard, TrystanMaster studentL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 418-525-4444, extension firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Rue Mcmahon
Ville de Québec, QC
Canada G1R 3S1
- Ni, VivianEmployeevivian.email@example.com
- Reynaud, ThomasFellowL'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec+1 firstname.lastname@example.org
11 Côte du Palais
Canada G1R 0A2
Dose escalation to the dominant intraprostatic lesion defined by sextant biopsy in a permanent prostate I-125 implant: a prospective comparative toxicity analysis.Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 77 (1), pp. 153-9, 2010, ISSN: 0360-3016.
An eight-year experience of HDR brachytherapy boost for localized prostate cancer: biopsy and PSA outcome.Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 73 (3), pp. 679-84, 2009, ISSN: 0360-3016.
[The impact of 3D image guided prostate brachytherapy on therapeutic ratio: the Quebec University Hospital experience]Journal Article
Cancer Radiother, 11 (8), pp. 452-60, 2007, ISSN: 1278-3218.
Postimplant dosimetry using a Monte Carlo dose calculation engine: a new clinical standard.Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 68 (4), pp. 1190-8, 2007, ISSN: 0360-3016.
Permanent prostate implant using high activity seeds and inverse planning with fast simulated annealing algorithm: A 12-year Canadian experience.Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 67 (2), pp. 334-41, 2007, ISSN: 0360-3016.
Bypassing the learning curve in permanent seed implants using state-of-the-art technology.Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 67 (1), pp. 71-7, 2007, ISSN: 0360-3016.
Performing daily prostate targeting with a standard V-EPID and an automated radio-opaque marker detection algorithm.Journal Article
Radiother Oncol, 73 (1), pp. 61-4, 2004, ISSN: 0167-8140.
Measurements of intrafraction motion and interfraction and intrafraction rotation of prostate by three-dimensional analysis of daily portal imaging with radiopaque markers.Journal Article
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 60 (1), pp. 30-9, 2004, ISSN: 0360-3016.
- (FRSQ 91335) demande concernant la bourse post-doctorale en curiethérapie (Ibtihel Ben Aicha), Subvention, Fondation du CHU de Québec, from 2019-08-26 to 2020-08-25
- (FRSQ 92512) Demande concernant le financement de la bourse post-dostorale (fellow) en curiethérapie du Dr Thomas Reynaud, Subvention, Fondation du CHU de Québec, from 2019-10-16 to 2020-10-15
- Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec - Université Laval, Subvention, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec - Université Laval, Centres de recherche affiliés, from 2017-01-01 to 2099-12-31
- Centre de recherche sur le cancer, Subvention, Institutionnel - BDR, BDR - Centres de recherche reconnus, from 1996-05-01 to 2022-06-13
- Chaire de recherche sur la curiethérapie guidée par imagerie, Subvention, Fondation de l'Université Laval, Chaires de recherche sans organismes subventionnaires, from 2015-05-01 to 2022-03-31
Recently finished projects
- Détresse et satisfactions face au processus informationnel et décisionnel lors d'un cancer de la prostate localisé, Subvention, Fondation de l'Université Laval, from 2017-02-01 to 2020-03-31
- Evaluation of sphingolipid cermide and intracellular signaling markers of prostate ... prostate cancer receiving a hypofractionation regimen treatment combined with a high dose rate brachytherapy boost., Subvention, Canadian Urologic Oncology Group, from 2017-08-22 to 2019-08-21