An integrated approach to cutting-edge technologies that can lead to the discovery, development and optimization of innovations in personalized health care.
- To insure the training of future investigators in basic, clinical, and population health research.
- To stimulate innovation by developing new technologies applicable to the health care system.
- To accelerate the progress of knowledge in order to translate it into concrete applications aimed at promoting health, improvement of health care and quality of life.
- To harmonize excellence in basic, clinical and population health research with the other missions of the CHU de Québec-Université Laval.
- Scientific rigour and integrity
- The achievement of excellence
- The sharing of knowledge
The objectives (directions)
- To set up an environment conducive to a successful consolidation.
- To increase the performance and scientific prestige of the research teams.
- To promote an environment conducive to innovation.
- To favour the transfer of knowledge towards direct applications aimed at improving health care.
- To develop new approaches to health research funding.
The major targets to be reached
- To increase the degree of synergy existing between researchers
- To improve research quality and originality
- To increase the number of grants and scholarships obtained from agencies with peer-reviewed committees
- The advancement of scientific knowledge
- To insure a critical mass of investigators whose quality and strength is recognized in all themes of research
- An improvement in the quality of supervision and training
- The implementation of intramural scientific activities
- A reinforcement in the degree of collaboration with other groups and health care establishments, and the degree of participation of our researchers in national and international networks
- An increased degree of collaboration with public or private partners, and especially the pharmaceutical and biotechnological industries.